Ways to Make the Most of Social Distancing
Hi friends! How's staying home going so far?! I hope you are enjoying the opportunity to rest, recharge, and soak up extra time with your loved ones. Despite the scary uncertainties of this season, there is joy to be found in unexpected time together! Today, I'm sharing some ideas to help you make the most of your time at home!
- Read a good book! Click here for a recent list of personal favorites.
- Update your photo displays! Order on Amazon and have new prints shipped to you to swap out with outdated ones.
- Organize your pantry. Check expiration dates, organize by color or alphabet, and donate any duplicates.
- Clean out your closet. Have things that don't fit anymore or that you've never worn? Donate or do a Facebook sale to clear out mental and physical space.
- Refresh your space. We've got a great free printable checklist waiting for you to help you prepare for springtime in your home! Click here to download now and get a head start on making your home feel light and fresh in the new season ahead.
- Bake a new recipe! It's no secret that I love baking, and I'm excited to have some extra time on my hands to try some new recipes with what we have on hand. My favorite place to find recipes is Sally's Baking Addiction - she's the best and her recipes never fail me!
- Build a pillow fort. If you have little ones, take advantage of the old-school favorites - a pillow fort is such a fun way to spend an afternoon and feels like the most magical place to read a book or take a nap, too.
- Organize your recipes. Use a google doc or a binder you have on hand to finally get all those recipes you've been printing or pinning in one place! I did this last year and it's so nice to have one place to refer to for all things cooking and baking.
- Get some air! Make a commitment to spend at least 30 minutes outside each day, whether you're playing tag or taking your pup for a walk. You could even start training for a 5k!
- Try your hand at meal planning! If you're normally scrambling to make a plan for weeknight dinners, take this time to plan ahead. I share lots of ideas on Pinterest and also have a super helpful grocery list/meal planning notepad to make it simple and fun!
- Create a perpetual calendar. Now is the perfect time to sit down and make a list of all the monthly celebrations and occasions in your family throughout the year. Click here to download a printable perpetual calendar that you can use to pencil in birthdays, anniversaries, special celebrations, and annual events!
- Prepare birthday cards! While you have the time, get a head start on birthday cards you'd like to send throughout the year. Once your perpetual calendar is ready, use those dates to figure out when you'll need to send cards! Then, order cards online from a small business you love and go ahead and address each envelope so you're ready to send when the day comes.
There are a ton of ways to make the best of the time we've been given; I hope these suggestions inspire you with some new ideas to help you find the joy in season we're facing! Comment below and tell me, what is one way you're going to enjoy your time?
Leave a comment