Summer is in full swing around here, and I'm loving the slow, quiet days and the whole "sun doesn't set till 9 p.m." thing. Life just slows down a little bit this time of year, and I am totally loving it. While I am taking a little more time for rest and recharging this season, I'm still working hard to create beautiful pieces for y'all, fulfill orders, maintaining our commitment to high-quality customer service, and planning lots of happy for the remainder of the year!
As you might know, I set a goal at the beginning of 2019 to read more. I am tracking pretty well with my goal of at least a book a month, but this summer, I'm flying through my stack of TBR (to be read)! If you're like me, a good book - fiction or non-fiction - is a great escape and way to unwind. Also, reading by the water (lake, pool, beach, river, etc.) is the best! Today, I thought I'd share a few recent reads and books that are in my TBR pile. Each title is clickable, so you can click on the text and be taken to order your own copy! I'm a hard-copy girl - something about unplugging from all things digital and physically turning a page just makes my heart flutter.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small incentive if you choose to purchase something, at no additional cost to you.*
In no particular order, here they are!
- Where the Crawdads Sing (one of my favorites this year - especially recommend if you're an NC girl)
- What Alice Forgot (next on my list!)
- The Woman in the Window (just finished this - I read it in two days!)
- Becoming (beautifully written and so powerful)
- Everybody Always (my favorite book of all time)
- The Home for Unwanted Girls (a Reese Witherspoon recommendation that I'm excited to try)
- The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell (I've heard wonderful things about this one - can't wait to pick it up!)
- When Breath Becomes Air (I started this over the holidays but didn't finish it - planning to start from the top)
- The Sun Does Shine (sounds like an incredible story!)
- The Silent Patient (there's a huge following for this online and I'm excited to read it soon)
- Year of Yes (one of my favorites ever - Shonda Rhimes is a personal favorite of mine!)
- The Boys in the Boat (another true story that has gotten incredible reviews from a variety of people - currently in my amazon cart!)
- Educated (a wonderful option if you are looking for something to stretch you and make you think)
- So Here's the Thing (I love learning about real people, so I'm excited to check this out!)
- Verity (lots of hype about this one that has me very curious)
I'd love to know - what are you currently reading? Leave a comment below!