With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner and busy summer nights creeping up quickly, I am excited to share this super simple chicken taco recipe with you today! For this recipe, I use my Instant Pot (which I am a total believer in, by the way!), but you can also use your Crock Pot. It's simple, delicious, and one of our favorite recipes that's on repeat around here!
*This post contains affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small incentive if you choose to purchase something, at no additional cost to you.*
image via delish.com
- Instant Pot (or Crock Pot)
- 1.5 - 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 15 oz. jar of salsa (I love the Ortega Homestyle Salsa)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Pour jar of salsa into Instant Pot.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Pour 1/4 cup water and taco seasoning over top.
- Gently stir to combine water and salsa and coat the chicken.
- On the Instant Pot, make sure your vent is set to "sealing." Press "Pressure" and select "High Pressure." Adjust the time to 30 minutes.
- When the timer sounds, carefully move the vent from "sealing" to "release" and do a quick release. Once the valve drops, remove the lid.
- Shred chicken using two forks and then place back into bowl of Instant Pot to combine with salsa for a delicious, flavorful taco filling!
Serve warm with your favorite toppings - like shredded cheese, sour cream, jalepenos, and lettuce! You could create a nacho bar, a simple taco night, or even fajitas with this delicious Mexican chicken. It is as simple as it seems and a total weeknight win!
Wishing you a happy Cinco de Mayo, friends!